Re: 5.8.2 perldelta

From:
Chip Salzenberg
Date:
October 29, 2003 14:59
Re: 5.8.2 perldelta
Message ID:
20031029225853.GS29526@perlsupport.com
According to Nicholas Clark:
> C<require> should now behave correctly when repeated attempts are made
> to load a file which fails.

Perhaps s/should now behave/now behaves/ ... Let's show more
confidence in our work.  :-)

> Fixes have been made to the embedding implementation to initialise more
> interpreter variables when several interpreters are run without
> -DMULTIPLICITY

That's pretty obscure.  How about:

  Interpreter initialization is more complete when -DMULTIPLICITY is
  off.  This should resolve problems with initializing and destroying
  the Perl interpreter more than once in a single process.

... that *is* the reason, right?
--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -               <chip@pobox.com>