DOCPATCH: does STORE need to return anything and if so what?

From:
david nicol
Date:
October 26, 2003 20:34
DOCPATCH: does STORE need to return anything and if so what?
Message ID:
1067229244.1071.51.camel@plaza.davidnicol.com

I had thought that the return value of assignment was returned
by STORE but I appear to be mistaken, and return value of assignment
is accomplished by a FETCH on the LHS after the assignment happens.

Has it ever been thus?  The documentation is currently misleading,
since it includes examples of STORE gratuitously returning values.

The attached patch rectifies the situation, unless STORE once needed
to return the stored value, in which case we sould say when the change
occurred.

David Nicol

--
david nicol / A thousand towers rise before me and I cannot climb them all.