perlbug oddity

From:
Abigail
Date:
October 24, 2003 04:38
Subject:
perlbug oddity
Message ID:
20031024113833.GA27360@abigail.nl
My current installation of perl 5.8.1 was configured by the account
'camel'. This means that $Config {cf_email} is set to 'camel@abigail.nl'.

But 'perlbug' does annoying things. If I, using my normal 'abigail'
account file a report by typing 'perlbug' and answering the questions,
perlbug says in the body that the report is from 'camel@abigail.nl',
and also sets the Reply-To header to 'camel@abigail.nl' (making me wonder
where the autoreply went to). Furthermore, if I look up the bug on
bugs.perl.org, it's filed as if coming from 'camel@abigail.nl' instead
of from 'abigail@abigail.nl' as it should.

I guess the following line in perlbug is responsible:

    $from = $::Config{'cf_email'}
       if !$from && $::Config{'cf_email'} && $::Config{'cf_by'} && $me &&
               ($me eq $::Config{'cf_by'});

Is this suppose to work this way? I find it highly confusing, I think
bugs should be filed under the name of person sending the report, not
under the name of the person who configured Perl.

Abigail