RFC - type safety in perl

From:
Scott Walters
Date:
October 22, 2003 13:49
Subject:
RFC - type safety in perl
Message ID:
20031022204619.GC3197@illogics.org
From perldoc perltodo:

       Typed lexicals for compiler

I've been working on typesafety.pm (0.4 on CPAN) and I'm trying to guage
interest. Arthur Bergman has his excellent types.pm for atomic types
as well.

I know that this sort of thing isn't suitable for small scripts and
throw away code, but for larger programs it can be a very useful
form of stricture. Java programmers depend on this kind of checking and
diagnostic and wouldn't be cought dead without it. It is also something
that looks good on a languages resume, so to speak.

Best wishes,
-scott