Re: [perl #24204] Dupping STDERR for reading.

From:
Matt Sergeant
Date:
October 22, 2003 12:45
Re: [perl #24204] Dupping STDERR for reading.
Message ID:
3029CFBA-04C8-11D8-BC84-000393DA6672@sergeant.org
On 22 Oct 2003, at 12:27, Mark Jason Dominus wrote:

> It's perfectly ordinary to reopen STDERR onto another filehandle and
> then to write error messages to the filehandle.  What's weird is to
> open STDERR for *reading*.  I'm pretty sure that qmail doesn't do
> that

You're absolutely right. It (qmail-queue) reads from STDOUT, not
STDERR. I have no idea whether that's equally weird or not.

I also have no idea whether this issue I found (which I still can't
replicate outside of qpsmtpd) is the same as others in this thread.

Matt.