Re: Taint mode testing and project Phalanx

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
October 22, 2003 00:59
Re: Taint mode testing and project Phalanx
Message ID:
20031022095319.1b28724b.rgarcia@hexaflux.com
Andrew Savige wrote in perl-qa :

> Given the differences in behaviour with taint mode, it seems to me
> that for a "taint mode test" (i.e. one with -wT in its first line)
> Test::Harness should run the test twice -- once with taint mode and
> once without. Though I suppose there might be a case where you want
> to run the test in taint mode only, so maybe Test::Harness needs
> some options to control this.

Following this idea, I just added to bleadperl (change 21515)
a "make test.taintwarn" target that runs the test suite with the
-t (taint warnings) command-line flags.

It spits out a lot of "Insecure dependency" warnings, and several
tests fail. Notably, tests that install $SIG{__WARN__} handlers
are unhappy to catch taint warnings in it.  However some failures
may require more careful investigation.