RE: [perl #24250] "return" required in some anonymous closures

From:
Orton, Yves
Date:
October 21, 2003 13:18
RE: [perl #24250] "return" required in some anonymous closures
Message ID:
71B318898201D311845C0008C75DAD1C0896133E@defra1ex2
> The way I understand it now, is that the check for making this
> special case is somehow wrong.  How difficult would it be to add a
> check there that it would do the optimization if the current package
> is "constant.pm" ?  And just not do the optimization otherwise?

Lots of modules build their own constants using this technique to avoid the
load time overhead associated with use constant. Carp::Assert comes to mind.

I know its not the best call, but it is true.

Yves