Re: [perl #24250] "return" required in some anonymous closures

From:
Elizabeth Mattijsen
Date:
October 21, 2003 13:15
Re: [perl #24250] "return" required in some anonymous closures
Message ID:
p05111b17bbbb43cc2e34@[192.168.56.2]
At 12:54 -0700 10/21/03, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
>  > If any cleverer ways are devised of handling large numbers of imported
>>  constants, a la POSIX, then Export.pm and/or constant.pm can be hacked
>  > to accomodate them.
>That doesn't sound like something to do for 5.8.2 if released in a few
>weeks.  How doable would it be to give a warning for "const" padsv
>anon subs, and just have constant.pm turn off the warning?

The way I understand it now, is that the check for making this
special case is somehow wrong.  How difficult would it be to add a
check there that it would do the optimization if the current package
is "constant.pm" ?  And just not do the optimization otherwise?

Just as a stopgap for now...

Liz