Re: [perl #24250] "return" required in some anonymous closures

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
October 21, 2003 13:12
Re: [perl #24250] "return" required in some anonymous closures
Message ID:
20031021201250.GD10005@fdgroup.com
On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 12:54:53PM -0700, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
> That doesn't sound like something to do for 5.8.2 if released in a few
> weeks.  How doable would it be to give a warning for "const" padsv
> anon subs, and just have constant.pm turn off the warning?

Technically very easy. I guess we now renew that thorny old argument
about adding new deprecation warnings to maintenance releases, and lesser
of two evils etc etc.

Lets see:

    Anonymous subroutine interpreted as constant sub generator at line 1
or
    Lexical variable $foo treated as a constant in anonymous sub at line 1
or
    This closure - I don't think it means what you think it means at line 1

Presumably with perldiag filling in the gory details.

--
"Emacs isn't a bad OS once you get used to it.
It just lacks a decent editor."