Re: [perl #24250] "return" required in some anonymous closures

From:
Elizabeth Mattijsen
Date:
October 21, 2003 05:34
Re: [perl #24250] "return" required in some anonymous closures
Message ID:
p05111b09bbbad79dd2d9@[192.168.56.2]
At 13:18 +0100 10/21/03, Dave Mitchell wrote:
>* I can live with the idea that this new method be marked experimental,
>that we don't advertise it, that is it never used outside of constant.pm,
>and that the attribute is named
>
>     __llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch__

Continuing on this thought, why not change the XS code so that the
special constant routine definition is only done when called from
"constant.pm" ?  It wouldn't require any outwardly visibility
otherwise.  And if someone really puts a "package constant" in their
code to get this behaviour, then they're _really_ getting what
they're asking for.

Liz