Re: [perl #24233] -I changed behavior between 5.8.0 and 5.8.1

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
October 19, 2003 00:32
Re: [perl #24233] -I changed behavior between 5.8.0 and 5.8.1
Message ID:
20031019073149.GB2972@windhund.schwern.org
On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 08:29:12PM -0000, long@robin.cc.ku.edu (via RT) wrote:
> The behavior of -I has changed between 5.8.0 and 5.8.1.  I'm not
> actually sure if this is a bug or not as -I is not fully
> documented (IMO).

Hmm, my reading is the behavior of splitting on : is its an undocumented
feature.  The perlrun documentation says -I takes a directory not
directories.

A safe way to work around it is to use one -I for each directory.

However, the code to do the path split appears to still be in bleadperl so
it looks like the split behavior of -I was unintentially broken by patch
18102.
http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse?patch=18102

--
Michael G Schwern        schwern@pobox.com  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
The Power almighty rests in this Lone Ring.