Re: where are the bugs reports?

From:
Richard Clamp
Date:
October 18, 2003 03:53
Re: where are the bugs reports?
Message ID:
20031018105256.GA16988@mirth.demon.co.uk
On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 10:06:08PM -0700, Stas Bekman wrote:
> I know that the bug-reports are now going through the experimental new
> system.

No they're not, we haven't started yet.  I still have to finish
reworking the triagers guide (nee the perlbug admin FAQ), and I think
Robert has some spam-related things to alter before we're ready to go.

When we do start however the bugs will be sent to both lists until we
know that the triaging is proving effective.

>         But how many days does/should it take for them to propogate here?
> Shouldn't be some default rule, that if after N number of hours/days the
> bug wasn't handled by human filters, it should be released no matter what
> and reach this list? In which case the system will have an added value when
> it can, and otherwise fallback to the previous behavior (direct-post)
> without causing a potential harm in long delays.

This is planned, but it will only make sense after we hit the point of
the mail not going to p5p until it's been through the bugmongers.

--
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net>