Re: get/setpriority test failures for BSD-Resource-1.23

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
October 15, 2003 07:00
Re: get/setpriority test failures for BSD-Resource-1.23
Message ID:
20031015135956.GA89417@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 02:27:10PM +0100, Sreeji K Das wrote:
> (I'm not sure if it's right to post to perl5-porters.
> But this is a perl-module related failure & I'm
> hoping many ppl. would have seen this).

I think that definition means that all problems related to all modules on
CPAN should be sent to perl5-porters. This doesn't seem sensible to me.

My view is that only reports for modules maintained by perl5-porters
(ie not all modules in the core, only the ones not maintained on CPAN
by other people) and module bugs that are actually bugs in the perl core
should arrive on perl5-porters, and in addition that all bugs should be
reported to perlbug@perl.org, so that they get a ticket in RT

(Otherwise they are all too easily forgotten if no-one takes an immediate
interest in them)

But I don't claim speak for all of perl5-porters. Someone is now likely to
disagree with me :-)

Nicholas Clark