Re: [perl #24204] Dupping STDERR for reading.

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
October 14, 2003 19:32
Re: [perl #24204] Dupping STDERR for reading.
Message ID:
20031015023204.GM20928@windhund.schwern.org
On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 08:39:27AM -0000, camel@abigail.nl (via RT) wrote:
> A recent discussion on Perlmonks revealed that older versions
> of Perl allowed you to dup STDERR for reads, but newer versions
> don't. Opening STDERR for reading is a useful trick to be able
> to read input from the keyboard if STDIN was redirected.

Errr, I don't understand how that would work.  Why would keyboard input
be going to STDERR?

--
Michael G Schwern        schwern@pobox.com  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
grep { ref and ref !~ /^[A-Z]+$/ } kill 9, @ARGV;