Re: [perl #24167] `#' comment signs not at the very beginning of a line

From:
Martin MOKREJŠ
Date:
October 9, 2003 14:28
Re: [perl #24167] `#' comment signs not at the very beginning of a line
Message ID:
Pine.OSF.4.51.0310092326290.68531@tao.natur.cuni.cz
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 08:54:10AM +0000, Martin Mokrejs wrote:
> > # New Ticket Created by  Martin Mokrejs
> > # Please include the string:  [perl #24167]
> > # in the subject line of all future correspondence about this issue.
> >

> > Hi,
> >   I get from my compiler:
> >
> > cc: Warning: /software/@sys/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1/alpha-dec_osf-thread-multi-ld/CORE/cop.h, line 40: # not in column 1 is ignored, skipping to end of line. (ignoretokens)
> >  #ifdef NETWARE
> > -^
>
> That's compiling perl5 isn't it? So it's perl5 bug, not a parrot bug?
> I've moved the ticked onto the perl5 queue

Thanks, I've no clue what 'parrot' is, I thought some perl release alias.
:(

> >  I can get around by using anothe rcompile mode, but I believe it should be fixed anyway.
>
> Having had a look at cop.h, I think so to.
> There appear to be some more indented # constructions, but they're all
> inside blocks that are only true on dosish platforms.

Yes, but cpp breaks when apps are compiled against perl. Building perl
itself went fine.

--
Martin Mokrejs <mmokrejs@natur.cuni.cz>, <m.mokrejs@gsf.de>
PGP5.0i key is at http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs