The META.yml file in bleadperl

From:
Ken Williams
Date:
October 4, 2003 09:56
Subject:
The META.yml file in bleadperl
Message ID:
946ABF1C-F68B-11D7-908E-003065F6D85A@mathforum.org
Hi,

I just noticed that bleadperl has a META.yml file, and that a couple of
its items are non-standard according to
http://module-build.sourceforge.net/META-spec.html :

  * The 'distribution_type' has been set to 'core', but so far the only
valid values for this attribute are 'module' or 'script'.  I think it's
tempting to have a special value here for perl itself, but I think it
would be better to have an 'application' value or something - this just
happens to be a very important application. =)  I can add 'application'
to the META.yml spec.

  * There's a long long long list (long) of files and directories under
the 'private' key, and I'm not exactly sure what's going on there.  Any
thoughts?

  -Ken