Re: 5.8.1 and Win98

From:
Greg Matheson
Date:
October 1, 2003 03:48
Re: 5.8.1 and Win98
Message ID:
20031001190045.A27059@ms

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Greg Matheson wrote:

> If I copy .. 2 lines into lib/ExtUtils/MM_Win95.pm, 5.8.1 builds.

That was with RC5. Those 2 lines appear to have made it into
5.8.1. But changes to Encode from 1.98, which seems to have
worked for me, to 1.9801, ie between RC5 and the release seem to
have broken the build again, on Chinese Windows 98, at least.

If I copy across the whole Encode directory from RC5, it builds.
I also tried copying across just gsm0338.ucm , which appears to
be the major difference (the only other differences being
MANIFEST, $VERSION in Encode.pm, gsm0338.t and some pod,) but
that was not sufficient.

--
Greg Matheson
Taiwan