Re: 5.8.2 and onwards

From:
Abigail
Date:
September 29, 2003 04:58
Re: 5.8.2 and onwards
Message ID:
20030929115833.GA20996@abigail.nl
On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 09:38:06PM -0500, Andy Lester wrote:

> >3: diagnose bugs
> >4: write test cases for bugs
> >5: fix bugs
>
> Call me idealistic, but I'd really like to have test cases written
> immediately upon finding the bug.  They could be wrapped in TODO
> blocks if they're not solved or patched right away, but there's no
> better way to make sure that the test case gets written.  Also, a set
> of tests defines the expected behavior exactly.

Often when I write a bug report I have the urgency to send in test
cases as well. But I've never done so, because it feels so pushy
towards the pumking, as if I were to demand the thing to be fixed
in the next release.

But perhaps Nicolas (and Hugo) would actually have test cases for
bugs that need to be fixed? In which case I'd happily send in
TODO tests for bugs I report (and I will make tests for open bugs
I've send in the past couple of years).

Abigail