Re: 5.8.2 and onwards

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
September 27, 2003 03:56
Re: 5.8.2 and onwards
Message ID:
20030927115559.N30881@plum.flirble.org
On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 11:28:39AM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 11:27:45PM -0500, Andy Lester wrote:
> > Jarkko, what advice would you have for your successor?  And what can
> > we do to make life easier for him?

I should be less hasty in my mailing.

Also - go through RT. For all bugs that we said "are fixed in blead/
are fixed in maint/will be fixed in 5.8.1"

> 2: answer bugs
> 3: diagnose bugs
> 4: write test cases for bugs
> 5: fix bugs

a: check bug is indeed fixed in 5.8.1
b: check to see if we have a regression test in place for that bug
c: set bug status to fixed in 5.8.1
d: inform the bug's owner that it's now fixed
e: set bug's status to resolved
f: be happy
g: goto a

I (personally) doubt that I'll have time to look at this until after
next weekend.

Nicholas Clark