Re: 5.8.2 and onwards

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
September 27, 2003 00:19
Re: 5.8.2 and onwards
Message ID:
20030927071846.GA2719@vipunen.hut.fi
> >Never mind, Mr. J has written that nice Nutshell guide just for you ;-)
>
> Actually, Pumpking In A Nutshell might be a nice thing.

I doubt the projected sales figures of the book are enough for ORA :-)

> Jarkko, what advice would you have for your successor?

He seems to have some rather good plans, but I'll let him to tell
about them.

> And what can we do to make life easier for him?

- When you promise to do something, do it in time,
  or let the pumpkin know as soon as possible when is the new ETA.
- Do no harm: make your patches as limited in effect as possible.
- Test your patches in more than one configuration/compiler/operating system.

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this special