[perl #24041] help needed

From:
rajaraman viswanathan
Date:
September 26, 2003 06:13
Subject:
[perl #24041] help needed
Message ID:
rt-24041-65322.9.63459740839383@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  rajaraman viswanathan
# Please include the string:  [perl #24041]

hello there,
we are trying to display german characters using a
perl program.
we have used lc_ctype = ISO-8859-1.

The perl program reads from UTF-8 database and
produces XML files.In the XML files ,i could see "?"
which means that iam not getting proper german
characters.
can you please tell me why this is happening??
is there anything we need to make sure before running
this?

Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com