Re: 1, 2, 3

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
September 17, 2003 15:06
Re: 1, 2, 3
Message ID:
20030917220619.GQ28940@vipunen.hut.fi
On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 10:40:16PM +0100, Alan Burlison wrote:
> Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
>
> >Just sounding out how many grues with evil intent are there,
> >waiting in the bit dark, with horrible names like "gcc 3.4"
> >and "mod_perl 2"...
>
> Or:
>
> solaris     [perlio      ]-DDEBUGGING -Duseithreads -Duselongdouble
> Inconsistent testresults:
>     ext/threads/t/join...................FAILED at test 14
>
> Probably courtesy of the merged libc & libthread in Solaris 10.  Anyone
> know off the top of their heads what test 14 checks for?

"Nothing", really... except stresses thread creation after we have
created a lot of CONSTSUBs.

What I'd like to know is what is failing (as seen by the test harness):
are the two threads finishing in "wrong" order or what?

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this special