develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2003

Re: need your help to test mod_perl with perl-5.8.1-RC3

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
Re: need your help to test mod_perl with perl-5.8.1-RC3
Message ID:
3F2A2CD8.5080703@uk.radan.com
Steve Hay wrote:

> This bug evidently goes back a long way:  MM 6.06_02 fails in the same
> way as 6.13.
>
> I tried to use MM 6.06_01, but it wouldn't build itself ("don't know
> how to make 'C:\perl5\libNAME'").  Instead, I knife-and-forked it into
> place, but when I tried to use it to build libapreq, I just got the
> same error again - "don't know how to make 'C:\perl5\libNAME'".

OK, I've got MM 6.06_01 building now (it was generating broken Makefiles
-- needed to change DIRFILESEP from \ to ^\, and fill in the missing
*PERLSAFE macros), and the bad news is that it doesn't build
libapreq-1.2 either!  I still get the "unresolved external symbol
boot_libapreq" error.

So it's one of the many changes between 6.05 and 6.06_01 that broke it.

Steve