Module::Signature and CPAN.pm

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
Module::Signature and CPAN.pm
Message ID:
20030731125735.GN273294@lyta.hut.fi
I'm sorry to report that the new shiny PKI functionality where CPAN.pm
used Module::Signature to verify cryptographically signed modules from
CPAN, fell apart pretty quickly when testing it in more "corporate"
environments, with evil firewalls and the like.  While the idea of
added security is good, much more testing and much less assumptions
about the operating environment are needed.

Given the (hopeful) proximity of 5.8.1, I cannot include this new
functionality.

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this special