Re: Warnings.pm ?

From:
merlyn
Date:
Re: Warnings.pm ?
Message ID:
86u194ayru.fsf@blue.stonehenge.com
>>>>> "Elizabeth" == Elizabeth Mattijsen <liz@dijkmat.nl> writes:

Elizabeth> At 10:45 +0200 7/30/03, Johan Vromans wrote:
>> OS X has a case insensitive file system?
>> Tell me this is not true, please. Please! PLEASE!

Elizabeth> I think it's actually worse.  Because it remembers case, giving you
Elizabeth> the impression that it is case sensitive.  But when it comes to
Elizabeth> selecting files, any upper/lowercase combination of the letters will
Elizabeth> do.   ;-(

Elizabeth> I wonder what they were thinking...

It's a "case-preserving, case-insensitive filesystem", a continuation
of the HFS and HFS+ legacy from OS9.

More flame wars have been fought on the OSX mailing lists over this
issue than I think any other.  Please to not be starting it here. :)