RE: Which platforms need symbols to export to be explicitly liste d?

From:
Konovalov, Vadim
Date:
RE: Which platforms need symbols to export to be explicitly liste d?
Message ID:
845FCFF2D4C0FC468B485E8777C7A00C200DC6@cio-test001.spb.lucent.com
> > VMS also requires symbols to be exported.
>
> Comments in makedef.pl itself suggest that other Windows-ish
> platforms
> (WinCE, NetWare and OS/2) and MacOS Classic also require
> this, but there
> is no mention of VMS - not even in the code.  Why is there no
> mention of
> VMS in makedef.pl if it has this requirement?

Excuse me  for my previous frustrated comment.
Now I think it is because VMS building is totally different, but I am not
sure.

> How would I test for all such platforms in C pre-processor terms?
> - Am I correct in thinking that "#if defined(WIN32)" will
> catch WinCE as
> well?

Indeed wince/makefile.ce defines WIN32, so  #if defined(WIN32) will catch
WinCE.
And even $^O equals to "MSWin32' for WinCE
To distinguish WinCE and Win32 there is a macro "UNDER_CE", but fortunately
it is rarely used outside of "./wince" directory.

Vadim.