Re: Warnings.pm ?

From:
Slaven Rezic
Date:
Re: Warnings.pm ?
Message ID:
87el09rqsk.fsf@vran.herceg.de
Elizabeth Mattijsen <liz@dijkmat.nl> writes:

> At 10:21 +0000 7/29/03, slaven@rezic.de wrote:
> >  > Would that interfere with any other plans we have?  Or would it
> >  > simplify matters?
> >As an alternative one can do:
> >
> >     use if $] >= 5.006, "warnings";
> >
> >if.pm should be compatible with older perls and is included since 5.8.0
>
> Problem is that authors have "use warnings qw(xxx)" and "no warnings
> qw(xxx)" scattered all over the place.  So this would just postpone
> error messages until one of these is encountered at compile time...

I have a module which solves this problem in a generic way and should
work for all pragmas. You say once:

	use future qw(encoding sort warnings);

for all pragmas you want to be ignored with older perls and used with
newer perls, and after that use the pragmas as usual.

Regards,
	Slaven

--
Slaven Rezic - slaven@rezic.de
    babybike - routeplanner for cyclists in Berlin