Re: Which platforms need symbols to export to be explicitly listed?

From:
Vadim Konovalov
Date:
Re: Which platforms need symbols to export to be explicitly listed?
Message ID:
015501c35611$466f7c10$195ec3d9@vad
> I recently submitted a patch (#20203) to get PerlIO_isutf8() exported
> from the Perl library on Windows.
>
> I now need to workaround that missing function in existing perl-5.8.0's
> out there, which raises the question: which other platforms require
> symbols to export to be listed in this way in makedef.pl?  I believe
> that AIX ($^O eq 'aix') is one of them.  Is that correct, and are there
> any more?

Strangely enough, those platforms are enlisted in makedef.pl ...

BTW I still think a test case that tries to link all perlapi functions and
some more could prevent from such functions to be missed in a future...

Vadim.