Which platforms need symbols to export to be explicitly listed?

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
July 29, 2003 10:06
Subject:
Which platforms need symbols to export to be explicitly listed?
Message ID:
3F26AA14.10005@uk.radan.com
I recently submitted a patch (#20203) to get PerlIO_isutf8() exported
from the Perl library on Windows.

I now need to workaround that missing function in existing perl-5.8.0's
out there, which raises the question: which other platforms require
symbols to export to be listed in this way in makedef.pl?  I believe
that AIX ($^O eq 'aix') is one of them.  Is that correct, and are there
any more?

Thanks,

Steve