Re: [perl #22977] Bug in format/write

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
Re: [perl #22977] Bug in format/write
Message ID:
20030721223652.GD17739@fdgroup.com
On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 05:43:39PM +0200, Ruediger Schopper wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> thanks for the extremely fast response. I would like to know if we might be
> able to help you with the subroutine/format bug? We are clearly not deep
> enough into the stuff to be able to effectively offer time, but perhaps we
> might help with money. Do you think we can be of any help, or shall we just
> wait until you come up with a bugfix?

Thanks for the kind offer, but I don't think that giving money to me
personally would speed up the bugfix.

However, if you want to contribute financially to the development of Perl
generally, you might consider a donation to the Perl Foundation,
http://perlfoundation.org/, which (amongst other things) provides grants
to various individuals associated with Perl.

I am hoping to have a patch ready in 2-3 weeks time, but it's
unlikely to be included in the soon-to-be-released 5.8.1, so it will most
likely appear in 5.10.0 (or possibly a 5.8.2). Either of these may be a
year or more away.

Of course, I may find that I can't fix it after all...

Regards,

Dave.

--
"But Sidley Park is already a picture, and a most amiable picture too.
The slopes are green and gentle. The trees are companionably grouped at