[patch] perldebug.pod clarification

From:
=?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Payrard
Date:
July 21, 2003 12:31
Subject:
[patch] perldebug.pod clarification
Message ID:
20030721193659.GC2722@stefp.dyndns.org
I was stung by the loss of context when I learned Perl
with the help of the debugger. Probably many other are.
Probably the English need improvment.

diff -c perldebug.pod perldebug.pod.new
*** perldebug.pod	2003-03-08 22:02:08.000000000 +0100
--- perldebug.pod.new	2003-07-21 20:01:04.000000000 +0200
***************
*** 39,44 ****
--- 39,50 ----
  (C<eval>'d) as Perl code in the current package.  (The debugger
  uses the DB package for keeping its own state information.)

+ Note that the said C<eval> is bound by an implicit scope. As a
+ result any newly introduced lexical variable or any modified
+ capture buffer content is lost after the eval. The debugger is a
+ nice environment to learn Perl, but if you interactively experiment using
+ material which should be in the same scope, stuff it in one line.
+
  For any text entered at the debugger prompt, leading and trailing whitespace
  is first stripped before further processing.  If a debugger command
  coincides with some function in your own program, merely precede the

--
 stef