Re: [perl #23011] Cwd::cwd() fails during perl-5.8.0 compilation

From:
Vrihad Shoonya
Date:
Re: [perl #23011] Cwd::cwd() fails during perl-5.8.0 compilation
Message ID:
20030721071931.E36D339E2@xmxpita.myway.com

Hi!

>> I am compiling perl-5.8.0 in chrooted environment
>> where many system tools are not in its proper places.
>> --snip--

> Cwd.pm should check $ENV{PATH} for an executable pwd,
> hence you should set your PATH variable appropriately.
I think it is not happening with Cwd.pm available in
lib/Cwd.pm in perl source tree. I checked the file and
though I am not a perl expert, the path for /usr/bin/pwd
and /bin/pwd is checked explicitly here. And my PATH
variable contains /usr/local/bin.

> As an alternative, you can use fastcwd() instead,
> which on many systems use an cwd implementation
> which does not need external tools.
I don't know how to use it. I am talking about the
perl configuration script which uses Cwd::cwd() and it
was failing in my case. Anyway the problem is solved by
providing a symlink of /usr/local/bin/pwd to /usr/bin/pwd.

Thanks and regards
vrihad

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.