Re: [perl #23011] Cwd::cwd() fails during perl-5.8.0 compilation

From:
Slaven Rezic
Date:
Re: [perl #23011] Cwd::cwd() fails during perl-5.8.0 compilation
Message ID:
87adb9x7hf.fsf@vran.herceg.de
"vrihad@myway.com (via RT)" <perlbug-followup@perl.org> writes:

> # New Ticket Created by  vrihad@myway.com
>

> I am compiling perl-5.8.0 in chrooted environment where many
> system tools are not in its proper places. In my case shell
> utility "pwd" is in /usr/local/bin.
>
> While compiling perl, Cwd::cwd() fails. After some probing
> I found that /usr/local/bin is not in the lists of locations
> where "pwd" is searched. Once I made a symlink of
> /usr/local/bin/pwd to /usr/bin/pwd, the compilation proceeded
> smoothly. I am not sure whether /usr/local/bin is not searched
> intentionally. If so, then it is not a bug. Else please fix
> this module.

Cwd.pm should check $ENV{PATH} for an executable pwd, hence you should
set your PATH variable appropriately. As an alternative, you can use
fastcwd() instead, which on many systems use an cwd implementation
which does not need external tools.

Regards,
	Slaven

--
Slaven Rezic - slaven@rezic.de
    babybike - routeplanner for cyclists in Berlin