[perl #23011] Cwd::cwd() fails during perl-5.8.0 compilation

From:
perlbug-followup
Date:
July 16, 2003 06:42
Subject:
[perl #23011] Cwd::cwd() fails during perl-5.8.0 compilation
Message ID:
rt-23011-61081.13.2544287385367@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  vrihad@myway.com
# Please include the string:  [perl #23011]

I am compiling perl-5.8.0 in chrooted environment where many
system tools are not in its proper places. In my case shell
utility "pwd" is in /usr/local/bin.

While compiling perl, Cwd::cwd() fails. After some probing
I found that /usr/local/bin is not in the lists of locations
where "pwd" is searched. Once I made a symlink of
/usr/local/bin/pwd to /usr/bin/pwd, the compilation proceeded
smoothly. I am not sure whether /usr/local/bin is not searched
intentionally. If so, then it is not a bug. Else please fix
this module.

Thanks
vrihad

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.