develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2003

Re: Data::Dumper release

From:
Gurusamy Sarathy
Date:
June 28, 2003 11:31
Re: Data::Dumper release
Message ID:
200306281829.h5SITfD2003722@smtp3.ActiveState.com
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:11:03 BST, Ed Avis wrote:
>My application needs the functionality of $Data::Dumper::Sortkeys (to
>compare two data structures for equality) but I don't want to require
>my users to upgrade to perl 5.8.0.  There is currently an old version
>of Data::Dumper released to CPAN, would you consider making an updated
>release?
>
>If not, would you object if I made such a release myself?

Fine by me.  Ilya Martynov offered to do this a while back, but
apparently he never did.  Or, if he did, the new version is not
being indexed on CPAN.