develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2003

Re: [perl #22339] IO::Handle::setvbuf not defined properly

From:
Mark Jason Dominus
Date:
June 16, 2003 11:29
Re: [perl #22339] IO::Handle::setvbuf not defined properly
Message ID:
20030616182951.17389.qmail@plover.com
Nick Ing-Simmons <nick.ing-simmons@elixent.com>:
> What _I_ want you to do is specify in a PerlIO way that you want
> no buffering.

Actually what I really want is a way to discard the input buffer
whenever I want, and also a way to detect whether this will be
possible, given only the handle.  If you say that seek(H,0,1) will
always work on all handles in all PerlIO implementations, that is good
enough for me.

Thanks.