develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2003

Re: [perl #22339] IO::Handle::setvbuf not defined properly

From:
Mark Jason Dominus
Date:
June 16, 2003 11:07
Re: [perl #22339] IO::Handle::setvbuf not defined properly
Message ID:
20030616180747.16902.qmail@plover.com

Back on 28 May, I had said:

>> I thought my choices were
>>
>> a) use setvbuf() to discard the buffer, perhaps temporarily, or
>>
>> b) discard the buffered I/O system entirely and rewrite everything in
>> terms of sysread(), effectively reimplementing the entire buffered I/O
>> subsystem in Perl.
>>
>> But now it appears that my only choice is (b).  This isn't very
>> attractive.  Is there some other option I've overlooked?

What you appear to be suggesting is (b).  Have I missed something?