develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2003

Re: your malloc patches

From:
Ilya Zakharevich
Date:
June 15, 2003 11:34
Re: your malloc patches
Message ID:
20030615183409.GA28846@math.berkeley.edu
On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 09:15:57PM +0300, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> > > (4) Tru64 compiles but then miniperl fails an assertion (a 64-bit problem?):
> >
> > This is a bug.  Most probably not in malloc(), but in the caller code.
>
> How can I debug this more?  Some malloc debugging options I could turn on?

Nope, The current state of malloc.c is (almost) the maximum I can
invent without hardware support.  And the few updates I know are for
bad free() detection.

Ilya