Re: [perl #22372] AutoReply: foreach variable referenced in format segfaults

From:
Enache Adrian
Date:
May 30, 2003 17:54
Re: [perl #22372] AutoReply: foreach variable referenced in format segfaults
Message ID:
20030531005723.GB1178@ratsnest.hole
On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 12:18:33AM +0100, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> This is due to keys returning a shared hash string SV, and pp_formline()
> directly modifying that value by the use of SvCUR_set() at pp_ctl.c:798.
>
> That's what the problem is; I don't understand enough about all this
> 'ere new-fangled shared string and COW malarky to know what the correct
> way of fixing this is. Over to Nicolas perhaps?

Have a look at my reply/patch to this
http://nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/76292

The way sv_chop() sometimes builds a OOK-hacked SV from scratch still
makes very little sense to me - the fact that sv_chop() may reallocate
the scalar's buffer is probably a bug.

Regards,
Adi