Re: Should PERLIO=no_crlf be the default on Cygwin?

From:
Abe Timmerman
Date:
May 30, 2003 16:56
Re: Should PERLIO=no_crlf be the default on Cygwin?
Message ID:
200305310155.53431.abe@ztreet.demon.nl
Op een zonnige lentedag (Friday 30 May 2003 17:19), schreef Gerrit P. Haase:

> This will save me a lot of trouble responding to the questions why
> Perl writes CRLF by default and that it breaks scripts.  I guess to
> support the other five guys who want Perl to actually write CRLF's
> will be easier;)
>
> Comments?

Yes please!
Although I think this should be related to the way one has installed cygwin
(DOSish or UNIXish textfiles)...

Good luck,

Abe
--
[ About the taint pragma proposal ]
"Mommy, mommy, look!  I'm driving my bicycle without my hands!"

                                   -- Jarkko Hietaniemi on p5p @ 2001-12-13