Re: [perl #22339] IO::Handle::setvbuf not defined properly

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
May 28, 2003 03:11
Re: [perl #22339] IO::Handle::setvbuf not defined properly
Message ID:
20030528120821.009a6794.rgarciasuarez@free.fr
Mark-Jason Dominus (via RT) wrote:
> Even though my platform certainly does suport 'setvbuf', IO::Handle
> refuses to do it:
[...]
>         d_setvbuf is 'define'
>         _IONBF is 2
>         But...
>         IO::Handle::setvbuf not implemented on this architecture at /tmp/setvbuf line 9.

[...]
>     useperlio=define d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define usesocks=undef

setbuf/setvbuf aren't available with a PerlIO-enabled perl.
I suggest to simply document this.