Debugger recommenting

From:
Joe McMahon
Date:
May 20, 2003 14:51
Subject:
Debugger recommenting
Message ID:
A8B037B6-8B0A-11D7-BD04-000393BCA0FC@ibiblio.org
Since we're coming up to the 5.8.1 candidate, I wanted to get some
opinions
on <a href="http://ibiblio.org/mcmahon/perl5db.pl.recommented">this</a>
recommented and reformatted version of <tt>perl5db.pl</tt>, the Perl
debugger.
I know that whitespace edits are frowned upon, but the code really
needed a
serious reformatting to make it readable. A lot of the comments have
been
reworked into POD (here's the <a
href="http://ibiblio.org/mcmahon/perl5db.html">HTML</a> version of the
POD),
and a lot more have been added to make the code understandable to just
about anybody.

This is by no means a final product, but better I get some comments on
the
unfinished version before I commit the rest of the time I'll need to
finish up.

"Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend."

  --- Joe M.