using Storable within C

From:
Jeff Bingaman
Date:
May 16, 2003 15:37
Subject:
using Storable within C
Message ID:
20030516223657.45600.qmail@web9505.mail.yahoo.com
My project could make use of the ability to process
within C Perl objects that have been deserialized from
the Storable format.  Basically, a client process on
one side of the network would send an array of
compound nested Perl structures to the main server
process.  The main server process, written in C, would
need to deserialize the Storable string and break the
array, so that it could send each element to a
separate child process for handling.

I understand that the internals of Storable are
written in C.  Is there any way those internals could
be (relatively) easily harnessed to allow the server
process I described to perform that role of reading
and processing a Storable-serialized data structure?