Re: PerlBugAthon (at OSCON 2003 Hackathon)

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
May 16, 2003 10:03
Re: PerlBugAthon (at OSCON 2003 Hackathon)
Message ID:
20030516170303.GH13883@fdgroup.com
On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 10:17:23PM -0700, Robert Spier wrote:
> PerlBugAthon
>
> Why
>
> There are around 1600 open tickets in the perlbug database. Many of
> these are years old. Others are already resolved in current versions
> of perl. Some might not be bugs at all.

Note that I've recently reviewed most low-numbered bug reports up to about
#7400 (I tended to skip installation and platform-specific ones),
so the lowest-hanging fruit is more likely to be found elsewhere.

(I think I closed about 200 open reports: many of these had been fixed in
5.8.0 or bleedperl. I also closed a further ~150 stalled ones that were
mainly spam and a block of postings that leaked from p5p at one point.).

[ Some people would pay good money for a good box of puzzles and
conundrums. But why bother when the Perl bug DB is available on-line
free-of-charge! ;-) ]

Dave M.

--
"But Sidley Park is already a picture, and a most amiable picture too.
The slopes are green and gentle. The trees are companionably grouped at