Possible precedence problem on bitwise ^ operator

From:
Slaven Rezic
Date:
May 15, 2003 13:00
Subject:
Possible precedence problem on bitwise ^ operator
Message ID:
200305151955.h4FJtnoJ007397@vran.herceg.de
With maintperl and bleedperl there is a new warning (see subject) in
Tk::Scale. The effecting code snippet is

 if (($w->cget('-from') > $w->cget('-to')) ^ ($dir eq 'up'))
  {
   $inc = -$inc
  }

I feel there are two many parentheses to justify this warning's
existance. Do I really have to { local $^W = 0 ... } or use the
workaround suggested in perldiag?

Regards,
	Slaven

--
Slaven Rezic - slaven@rezic.de

Tk-AppMaster: a perl/Tk module launcher designed for handhelds
	http://tk-appmaster.sf.net