Re: windows, shortcuts and 'use lib'

From:
Nick Ing-Simmons
Date:
May 7, 2003 01:24
Re: windows, shortcuts and 'use lib'
Message ID:
20030507082405.1706.4@bactrian.elixent.com
Edward Peschko <esp5@mdssirds.comp.pge.com> writes:
>> Sadly as cmd.exe is involved in system() and so on we do have to do
>> conversions...
>>

>ok, that's what I want to know... *where* are the conversions done?

Several places but I would expect main command-line hackery
to be in "hidden" in win32/win32.c

>I renamed this thread to 'shortcuts for core',

Not in the Subject: line ...

>because that's really what it is.

Changes to the core for just this are unlikely.
Changes to the core to enable a module to override things to enable this are
more likely.

>Anyways, I'd be happy to make this a module, except that there's no good way
>that I can see to override ``

You _may_ have a point there.

You can add objects and/or coderefs to @INC which can so this.

>and %INC

%INC keys are _ALWAYS_  in Foo/Bar style - regardless of OS/File system.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons http://www.ni-s.u-net.com/