Re: $VERSION Update and Questions

From:
John Peacock
Date:
May 1, 2003 17:59
Re: $VERSION Update and Questions
Message ID:
3EB1C2A3.6020907@rowman.com
Matthew O. Persico wrote:

> Wow, you are brave. Why pick 5.005_03 instead of 5.6.0 as a limit? Wouldn't it probably simplify lots of your code to not have to deal with 5.005
> format vs 5.6 format?

There are still poor unenlightened souls who cannot easily upgrade past 5.005_03
because their platform vendor can't be bothered to rewrite the custom apps using
a more modern Perl (like Cobalt RAQ's) or because their local admin won't admit
a newer Perl might be better.  I was suprised to discover how easy it was to
make the XS code work with 5.005_03 (we can all be thankful that the
Compatibility Police are so vigilant).

John

--
John Peacock