Re: $VERSION Update and Questions

From:
Matthew O. Persico
Date:
April 30, 2003 15:41
Re: $VERSION Update and Questions
Message ID:
200343018415.705712@mopxp
On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:16:20 -0400, John Peacock wrote:
>Just FYI -
>
>I have two patches almost ready to go:

For those of us stuck at 5.6.1 for the foreseable future, are we going to be able to download a CPAN version of Universal::Version to get ver-magic or
is it too tied to 5.8+specific internals changes for this to happen? If it isn't backward compatible, I need to resurrect Universal::Version::PurePerl and
see how much magic I can backport myself.

Please let us know.

Thanks
--
Matthew O. Persico