Changed error message in Red Hat 8.0 and 9.0?

From:
Mark Jason Dominus
Date:
April 29, 2003 09:55
Subject:
Changed error message in Red Hat 8.0 and 9.0?
Message ID:
20030429165526.24532.qmail@plover.com

I've gotten several reports about a test failure in Text::Template.
The reports all come from late Red Hat systems, and all involve
failure of a certain test.  I can't reproduce the eror on any of the
systems I have available, but one of the people reporting the erors
kindly ran some additional tests for me to help track down the cause
of the error.

Text::Template checks to make sure it is working properly in
conjunction with the Safe module.  It runs code in a safe compartment
that should be prevented by Safe.  It is expecting the code to fail
(which it does) and to produce the output

        This should fail: Program fragment delivered error
        ``kill trapped by operation mask at template line 1.''

On my system, it does produce this message.   On the systems of the
people reporting problems, the message is different:

        This should fail: Program fragment delivered error
        ``'kill' trapped by operation mask at template line 1.''

Does anyone have more information about this message change so that I
can code around it properly?

Thanks.