Re: perldoc -U doesn't run in insecure mode

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
April 29, 2003 01:20
Re: perldoc -U doesn't run in insecure mode
Message ID:
20030429082047.GD5273@windhund.schwern.org
On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 11:40:49PM -0800, Sean M. Burke wrote:
> Currently, for reasons a bit obscure to me, perldoc (now living and
> thriving as Pod::Perldoc) when running as root tries to drop privileges,
> and dies (with that error message) if it can't.  It has been suggested that
> I take out the dying part -- so that perldoc tries to drop root privileges,
> and if it can't, no problem.
> Does this sound reasonable?
>
> Everybody speak now or forever hold your Reese's pieces.

Take out the dying part, there's already enough death in this world!

Its from the days when perldoc consisted of nasty spagetti code.

--
This Ring, no other, is made by the elves,
Who'd pawn their own mother to grab it themselves.